Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sorry for going MIA!

Dear Charlie,

Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while, life gets in the way of everything... or maybe pure laziness does. Either way, I'm truly sorry.

On the topic of life and craziness, I'll tell you a bit about school.

I hate school.

Why? Well, I'm an all 'A' one 'B' student, I made the Dean's List for the Fall semester, I happen to enjoy thinking and applying knowledge to situation, and I love my classes and teachers (except P.E., yuck). But, like the contrarian I am, I am bad at the one thing that teenagers are known for.

Socializing.

Yeah, I'm not a people person. I happen to be fairly shy, and when someone I don't know too well talks to me, I somewhat stutter, trip over words, and make incredibly lame jokes.
Also another problem is that I believe I think differently form others. Not better, just different. I can't really relate to too many kids at school.

But a reason I don't try to see like others do, is because I don't want to. It seems that a decent percentage of things I hear there are either curse words, or perverted statements.

Now, believe me, I'm not trying to be offensive, and I know that a lot of people are not like that. It might just be me viewning things negitively.


On a happier note! My mom, 5thsister, from 'The 5thsister' sent me some flowers! Yay! :)

So that means I get to send it to someone else, so I'm going to send these to PurpleHoodieChick because I love those nice e-mail conversations.
-Bethany

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful :)
    I was home schooled through high school, but had many friends that were in public school. Just the small contact I had with "normal high school kids made me extremely grateful to not have to deal with it.
    On a happier note while it may be hard to fit in the high school "world" you will fit in wonderfully in the adult world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bethany! I'm sure your mom will agree with me when I say that what you are experiencing is called MATURITY!!! It is NOT something to be ashamed of...AT ALL!!! Many young women would be wise to follow your example! The world would be a finer place indeed!

    And don't worry too much about the "social" aspect. I was a book worm...in fact, I still am! But I have managed to lead a happy and productive life!!! You seem like a wonderful young lady...an "old soul," if you will.

    Your parents have much to be proud of in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you guys so much! I really don't know what to say except that it really means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the flowers! I have an award for you as well!!

    ReplyDelete